Hair Check List
- It is very important to wash and cleanse your hair before your fitting. This is to ensure any residual product is removed before your bonds or micros are fitted. Wash your hair but do not use conditioner.
- Style your hair in your normal style without using any product, so straighten or blow dry as normal.
- Do not get your hair cut before your fitting. Hair that hasn’t been cut is easier to blend.
- If you dye your hair do so at least one week before the fitting.
Aftercare and looking after your extensions
- Brush your hair extensions before shampooing your hair to ensure its tangle free.
- Secure the Hair with one hand whilst detangling to avoid any pressure or tension on the Locks/Bonds/Rings connections or natural hair.
- It is important that you shampoo your hair with advised silicone free shampoo and apply conditioner only on the ends of your hair and rinse thoroughly the day of your Extensions application to ensure a strong and healthy connection.
- When shampooing your hair work vertically not horizontally or in a circular motion, this will create less tangles and easier to manage.
- For best results leave conditioner in for 3–5minutes before rinsing and comb through your hair extensions. We recommend removing the heavy wet before applying conditioner.
- Only condition the hair from the ponytail down avoiding contact with the root area or locks however you can apply conditioner generously throughout the ends.
- Always use leave in conditioner on the ends to keep the ends looking silky.
- We recommend you brush your scalp at least twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening to keep your hair extensions clean at the root area with your s hairbrush.
- Weekly treatments are recommended.
- Only use correct products as advised by your certified stylist, which include: shampoo, conditioner and heat protector pro, this will maximize your result and sustain the high quality of the hair.
- Gather your hair into a loose side ponytail or braid when sleeping.
- Avoid tight up do’s or ponytails for the first few days after hair extension application.
- When swimming always tie your hair in a ponytail or braid and applyconditioner to the hair to act as a barrier against harmful chlorine/saltwater etc. Always shampoo immediately after swimming and detangles normal.
- Regular swimming is not recommended if wearing hair extensions.
- Always cover your hair when in direct sunlight for long periods of time.
- Don’t go to bed with wet hair.
- Don’t shampoo over the bath as may create problems when detangling
- Don’t attempt to maintain or adjust your extensions yourself. Any issues leave it to the professionals.
- Don’t leave your extensions in for longer than 3 months or 8-10 weeks if thenatural hair is fine. If your hair extensions are left in for longer than the reccomened time some damage may occur.
Points to note:
As a result of natural shedding (approx. 50–100 strands per day) it is not unusual to shed anywhere from 0–15 strands over the course of the term of wear. Your certafied stylist normally allows for this during the application. The shedded strandscan then be reapplied.
When arranging your appointment to reuse your hair we advise booking another consultation so the stylist can review and assess your hair extensions to see if any new hair is required or any adjustments you would like to make.
All of these tips will help you have amazingly long, shiny and happy hair extensions!